Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blythe to kingman

Dropped the bowl off tue carburetor this morning a couple of shavings in there but very little. I re adjusted the chain and set off. Drove out of blithe on 95. Another desert drive along the Colorado river. Ran throuh some rain the first of the trip. Drove through needles to bullhead city az. Where I picked up a connector to rt 66. While in town I ate a plate of hueVos rancheros made with carnitas a good breakfast at 3 in afternoon.

I had hoPed to make 275 miles today but I only made 200. Stopped for the night in kingman az. Picked up some BBQ at a place I had eaten here before a solid sandwich but not nearly as good as the night before. I drove on out of town on rt 66 and took some pictures of sunset. This is the real reason I made so few miles the scenery today was epic I took tons of picture breaks. The drive out of oatman on 66 was epic. I bombed the 15 to 20 mph switchbacks deffinately maxed out the bikes performance with a full load.

I unloaded my moped and cruised around kingman where they were having a bunch of classic car cruises. The bike has 579 miles on it. The only problem with the bike is the seat got hard about 2 hours into the ride. I hope that doesn't happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment